Today, there is a rising pressure of proving academic brilliance on students. Even parents continuously stress the importance of scoring good grades in their studies. All this together with the increased dependency on technology-dominated recreation has made our children lose all interest in outdoor sports, hobbies, and other enrichment activities.
Parents and teachers are rarely seen encouraging the students to pursue their passions. In fact, they primarily focus on excelling at studies in order to facilitate admission into the Best preschool in Gurgaon and colleges. This is considered a sure-shot way of securing a child’s career. When it comes to choosing a career for your child, you always go for the mainstream choices- medicine, engineering, management, finance. But what if your child’s true calling is being an artist or a footballer?
Importance of Extracurricular Activities
Extracurricular activities are those which are not a part of the academic curriculum but an integral component of the educational environment. These activities comprise of music, sports, dance, drama, singing, etc. that can play a pivotal role in channelizing the inherent abilities of a child.
Realizing the mounting importance of such activities in a student’s life, many renowned educational institutes are supplementing their curriculum with extracurricular activities. These activities foster a child’s development by bringing about intellectual and emotional growth.
Result-oriented learning forms the backbone of a child’s Top 10 School in Gurgaon life and is a vital tool to arm him with the requisite knowledge. In the same way, extracurricular activities are equally important as they instil real-world skills in a child and seek to boost their personality. Here are top 5 reasons why we, as parents, must never overlook the significance of these activities in our child’s life.
- Offers a break: The phrase “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” cannot be truer. Although it is extremely important for children to focus on their studies, yet it can many times result in monotony and dullness. So, to give your child the much-needed break, you must involve them in some kind of extracurricular activity. This will help them to refresh their mind and soul and get back to studies with restored enthusiasm.
- Develops their rational skills: Learning from books can teach children the requisite skills. But, in order to use those skills in real-world situations, the children need to step out and indulge in various mind-broadening activities. Extracurricular activities help in enhancing critical thinking and reasoning. When children are confronted with challenges and they have to find appropriate solutions within those circumstances, they learn to apply their classroom skills in different ways.
For instance, in many sports activities, like tennis or football, the students have to really use their rational skills and take quick decisions to place the ball in the right direction.
- Enhances their social skills: Owing to the heavy dependency on technology, a lot of children nowadays are becoming unsociable creatures. Participating in different extracurricular activities will make sure that children get the chance to meet compatible people, develop a spirit of teamwork and healthy bonding. Besides, they inculcate the virtues of companionship. All this will greatly boost their personality and turn them into responsible individuals.
- Boosts self-confidence: Regardless of whether your child plays any sport, sings, or has a passion for painting, being appreciated for something will greatly uplift their self-confidence. They will feel good about themselves and be better equipped to brave all challenges with dynamism.
- Explores their hidden talent: Every child is gifted with some kind of special talent, however, most of them fail to recognize it. Participating in extracurricular activities is a great way to nurture this talent and bring it to the limelight.
The importance of extracurricular activities in a child’s life cannot be negated. Integrating them with a child’s academics is a sure-fire way to help them broaden their perspective about the world at large. A lot of students who excel in these activities are granted special scholarships that facilitate their admission into reputed universities.
The List of CBSE Schools in Gurgaon has placed a more than usual focus on extracurricular activities to foster the well-rounded development of every student. Now it is our duty to provide our children with an environment that promotes their overall personality development and not just academic growth.